Enlarged tummy. Ultrasound shows fluid in douglas pouch, increased TSH. Cause?

hi, i am 52 years old. recently my tummy has become quite big..i look 9 months pregnant. i got an ultrasound 2 months back when my tummy had started to become big and it showed presence of fluid in pouch of douglas. i also got a TSH ( thyroid test) few days back and it showed increased thyroid of 6.86 around when the normal range was till 5.00.. what could be the cause of this increase in my tummy size..and presence of this fluid in my pouch of douglas-is it normal?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012