Enlarged thyroid glands, swollen tonsils, have tiredness, intermittent fever, snore heavily, irregular menses. What tests should I undergo?

Dear Doctor, I went to see a GP last two weeks due to sore throat and fever. The GP observed that i have a slightly enlarged thyroid gland other than a swollen tonsil . Lately I have been having sore throats quite frequent (every 2-3 months). Besides having regular tonsilitis and fever, I snore heavily during sleep, always tired and my menstrual cycle is irregular (menses occur once in 2 or 3 months). Do i need surgery to remove my tonsils? What kind of medical tests do i have to go through to tell if i am having hypothyroidism/hyperthyroidism?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  240 Awaiting Answer