Enlarged thyroid. Sore throat, difficulty swallowing and breathing. MRI, US done. Help?

Hi I have an enlarged thyroid. It was found through a MRI back in July 2012, the MRI was for my back and neck, which they found some issues, but it was the Thyroid that had the Dr. concerned. I went for an Ultrasound and they found multiple nodes, 2 with concerning size. My Dr. set up an appointment with an Endocrinologist but that wasn't for another 3 months. During that time my throat got worse and more sore, I went back to my Dr. he set me up for another Ultra Sound, my nodes were smaller (good) my) My Thyroid (Goiter) twice the size from original US. He put an urgent on my visit to the Endo. and I was in within 2 weeks. The Endo says we will do another US in 3 1/2 months to see if it has grown more or shrunk. I am in my 4th week and my throat is getting worse I feel, I am having difficulty swallowing, talking, and breathing. I can still breath but I feel out of breath doing it. This can't good. At times I feel like there are small razor blades rubbing my insides. It also feel as though there is a small clamp on my asophogus (sp) I have requested a second opinion for help, but I am still waiting for that. When do I seek Emergency Hospital vist to get help needed? I hope this makes sense. Thanks Tee
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013