Enlarged taste buds and sore throat on left side. what may be its reason ?

Hi Doctor, I am a 22 year old female with a history of DVT s due to breaking my ankle in 2008 and had surgery to get plates and screws in which have recently been taken out. I have also recently been tested for phechromocytoma and now cushings syndrome as I have hypertension and high cortisol levels which showed up on my test last week. Last night was sleeping in bed when i took a pain in my tongue which woke me up. I then looked in the mirror and seen lumps appearing on both sides of my tongue which i have taken to be enlarged taste buds. Although i now have pain back of left side of tongue and also my throatis very sore on left side also feels swollen and sore to swallow. Could this be due to the high levels of cortisol or is it possibly thrush. Thanks Kate
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011