Enlarged prostate. Taking terazosin, finasterid, tamsulosin. No pressure during urination. Brownsih tan flakes in urine. What are these flakes?

Hi - My 85 year old dad has a hx of enlarged prostate and has been taking terazosin , finasteride and tamsulosin hcl He is better able to urinate but does experience pressure that has to build in order for him to push through it and pass a stream of urine . For the last 3 months he has noticed brownish, tan flakes in his urine. When he has tried to retrieve them they dissolve - what are these flakes? Where do they come from - is it related to his meds or in need of a diagnosis. And finally what should he do - thanks - judy
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012