Enlarged lymph nodes, hurts on touching, in the center of the neck, painful lump. Causes for swelling?

Hi- a nurse noticed small enlarged lymph nodes by my glands and asked if I fled ok. I m preparing for plastic surgery so it was a basic check up. Those little pea sized lymph nodes seem to be gone but I felt one the size of a large gumball in the center of my neck (I m a. Female) but it hurts and feels like an Adams apple. I ll see my primary care physician next week but in e meantime... Any ideas? It s a painful lump and hurts to the touch or when I move my head up. Scared a bit
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012