Enlarged lump on neck, swollen lymph node, sore to touch, started menstrual cycle. Treatment?

I have an enlarged lump on the right side of my neck . It is closer to my collar bone than my ear and toward the back of my neck. I always have a small lump there.. not usually noticeable. The doctor has told me that it is a lymph node and nothing to worry about. However, over the last few days it has gotten much larger and is sore to the touch. I don t really have symptoms of infection, but I did start my mentral cycle around the same time. I am about 6 days early, and I ve been under some atypical stress lately.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012