Enlarged heart, high blood pressure. Difficulty in keeping the balance. What is causing this?

This is the second time I ve experienced extreme equilibrium issues. The first time some months back so I can t recall any details. I am 49 years old. I take atenol/clor and lasic daily. I have an enlarged heart and high blood pressure . I got up in the middle of the night and lurched through the house last night on my way to relieve myself. This morning I got up and lurched about, even almost falling off the commode while seated. I didn t feel nauseated until after I ate and I dare not look down, that makes things worse. I haven t been sick since late December, had the flu . Again, this is the second time this has occurred. My ears feel fine by the way. What could cause intermittent issues like this. And I was fine the next day after the first experience.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013