Enlarged bilateral thyroid. TSH normal. Family history of thyroid cancer. Can this nodule be cancerous?

hi my name is pam and i was wondering about my thyroid results it said that i have a diffusely enlarged bilateral thyroid with a hypoehoic nodule on left lobe measureing 2.8 cm and several other nodules scattered its oval shape. tsh levels are all normal thyroid cancer runs in my family my mom had it and aunt. i just did a thyroid scan and uptake test but i have got results yet. could that big nodule be canerouse because my neck keeps shooting pain to my ears, and more swelling going down to my collarbone and pain under my jawline and i have a persistant cough also i cant get rid of. i cn feel the lump.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013