Enervation in hands, swollen knuckles, severe pain from groin to knee on getting, difficulty in walking. What could this be?

Right & Left hands ....when I try a simple task like openinng a jar, I don t have the strength. All uckles are swollen and when I try to make a fist the pinm gets worse. Another sympton has reared it s ugly head. When fet qout of a chaikr or upon risiung in the morning, I hajve severe pain that seems to radiate froom my right groin or hip doen the front of my thigh to my knee . The pain is so severe, it s takes me several minutes to walk. When I raise myself from a chair or recliner, doing the movement the pain is severe, again from the groin on the right mside2.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query
Based on your description It seems you have developed polyarthritis ,which needs to be confirmed by clinical and blood examination test like -complete blood count, serum RA and ANA factor, rum uric acid.
My advice would be visit a local doctor and get blood test done. Take care and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
Dr.chugh Orthopaedic surgeon