Endoscopy showed vocal polyp, taken voice rest, persisting pain on left side of lower throat. Is it related to vocal polyp?

hi am 32 year male ...since last 3 weeks i have a pain in my left side lower throat when swalloing slavia other wise no pain while eating or drinking ...i have gone to ENT and already completed the course of Augmentine 650,Chymoral forte,Alegra and antacid for 2 weeks but no relife..... aging visited the ENT and done endoscopy ...and found a Vocal polyp on left cord but any how if there is polyp then it shount be related to pain ....even after doc sugesstion gone for one week Voice rest my vocie improves but pain is still there ...dont know what is this pain is is it related to vocal polyp or something else....
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
On the basis of information provided it appears your problem of pain is not related with vocal polyp. The character of pain and its relation with swallowing is more suggestive of styalgia (pain due to elongated styloid process). I wouls advise you to get a X ray Skull lateral oblique view (Right and left) to rule out elongated styoid process or Xray PNS OM view with mouth open(Digital X rays only). Alternatively you can plan for a CT scan (with 3D reonstruction)

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if your need more information on this

With warm regards
Ravinder Sharma