Endometriotic adhesions, cystic lesions. Irregular periods. Taken Cycloreg for pain and spotting. Essential to stop it?

Hi, iam 43 years old. i have endometriotic adhesions, cystic lesions on the right side of the ovary . small intramural fibroids , mild PCO changes. Both ovaries are bulky. My present problem is , i have irregular periods and sometimes very heavy periods which does,nt stop. I am experiencing this problem for the last 2-3 months. in the last cycle my doctor asked me to take cycloreg 5mg twice a day for 21 days and asked me to stop.. my bleeding problem controlled and stopped completely wtihin the first 10 days. but when i stopped i got very heavy bleeding and pain and i was asked to start the tablet again from 2nd day onwards. slight spotting and pain was there till 14th day and then i was asked to take cycloreg noon also. Now cycloreg with three times a day bleeding and pain all stopped. Now i am scared to stop it after 21 days. Is it essential that I NEED TO STOP AFTER 21 DAYS ? .Is this the right line of treatment ? I am planning to consult a gynec laproscpic surgeon during my christmas vacation in my native place. Please advice.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012