Endometriosis, have spotting and no actual period, prescribed meprate. Can I try to conceive while on meprate?

HELLO DOCTOR .i m suffering from endometrosis.i hav taken 3 decapeptyl injectiobs n 3 months gonabloc capsules 100 mg .its almost 40 months i havnt had perids .only i had doctor suggeste me to take meprate which i took for 5 days also orgamed for 5 days .after tht i had spottings for 5 doctor has told me to take meprate for 20 days n asked me to try for baby too.can i try for baby now while taking meprate
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
hello and thank you for aksing HCM,

I understand your concern since you are trying to conceive. Meprate is a synthetic progestogen and is not advisable for administration during pregnancy. While a woman is on synthetic progestogen for treatment of any condition, and if pregnancy is detected, the progestogen must be withdrawn. This is because of the finding of potential harm to the foetus when given during the first 4 months of pregnancy.
So my suggestion is, if you are trying to conceive, to stop use meprate and visit your gynecologist to discuss with him introduction of a new treatment.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.