Endometriosis, dark brown discharge, cramping. Pregnancy blood tests negative. Was it too early for blood tests to detect pregnancy?

My husband and i have been ttc since november. I found out in december that i had endometriosis which i had surgery for. . Been goign to the obgyn on a regular basis for vaginal ultrasounds and my doses of clomid . I had to get an xray done so the dr wanted to make sure i wasnt pregnant by doing a blood test which was negative. That was on a week ago. Then sunday i started a dark brown discharge instead of my period with cramping. Then 2 days later i started a light period that lasted a couple hours. Then i had the discharge again and i still have it along with a little cramping. Could i be pregnant and it was too early for the blood test to detect?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012