Endometrial cancer, peri-menopause. On radiation therapy. Full hysterectomy done. Can I use i-cool?

I hope this isn t too long. I would like to know if a new product called I-Cool really works and if it would be safe for me to take. It’s an over-the-counter product. History: I’m currently 56 years old. In 2003, I was diagnosed with estrogen-induced endometrial cancer and had to have a full hysterectomy , along with radiation treatment for 6 weeks. I cannot take any hormones to help with any menopausal changes that might have occurred after the surgery. Before this, for about 8-9 years, my metabolism started changing radically. I started being hot all the time and sweating a lot, which I’ve been told was probably peri- menopause . It’s not really hot flashes, just always feeling hot and any exertion heats me up to the point of sweating profusely. Since childhood I’ve always been cold all the time, and I rarely sweated, even in summer. Everyone knew me as cold all the time, having to have a space heater and blanket at work. I never needed AC in my car. I was teased a lot about always being cold. I planned to move south when I retired. But now, there’s no way I could live in a warmer climate than central New York. I’ve been to several doctors and they have no advice for my problem of being hot all the time. Nine years after my hysterectomy, would I still be experiencing these bouts of being hot? How could my metabolism change so radically? Am I going to be like this for the rest of my life? Will I-Cool make any difference? Is it safe? Thanks for any help you can provide
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012