Endometrial cancer, colorectal cancer, bronchiectasis. Have had a hysterectomy, colectomy. Help

I have had a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer . It was stage 1a grade 2. I was referred for chemotherapy but the consultant advised against because I have had lung surgery and have bronchiectasis on both lungs. It was felt that I was at risk of contacting severe pneumonia. I was therefore referred to discuss radiotherapy . However another of my existing health problems is FAP. I have had a colectomy with IRA to prevent colorectal cancer . I am advised that the side effects to brachytherapy can cause bladder/bowel problems. I do not want brachytherapy if it is to leave me incontinent. What are the chances of this, pleasre. I am also told I must lie still for fourteen hours. A catheter will be inserted so that I don t need to urinate but with no colon I need to empty my bowels aroud five times aday. What can be done about this? Also what happens if I cough? Inevitable with my chest condition. Any input would be welcome, thanks. I have two weeks to give my decision on whether I wish to go ahead with treatment. If I decide not to have brachytherapy and the cancer returns can it be successfully treated? Many thanks. Marlene (UK)
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013