End of nose went numb, spreading to lips and nose, symptoms worsening. Could this be Bells Palsy ?

6years ago the end of my nose went numb, by the time I saw my Doctor a couple of days later it had spred to all my nose & my lips . t the time I was having problems with Sarcoidosis & wondered if it was to do with that, I spent the next two years going backwards & forwards to the Rheumatology Dept with no help at all, & in the meantime my symptoms were getting worse, itn had affected the whole of my face & my scalp. A junior Doctor asked me if I had any problems with my neck, which I do, I use a special pillow to support it, so the Rheumatologist sent me to a Neurologist . I had two MRI scans (with the space of a year between) but they wee not forthcomig & also a Pinprick test, Sorry, I don t know the correct name for it, & at the end of all that was told they did nt know what it was & they basically left me to it.The symptoms are worsening all the time but SO slowly that no one else notices, they jus thiink I am getting older & fatter! I am 68 yrs old,take Thyriod tablets Have Sarcoid & am going into hospital soon to have a replacement Cornea Graft (My first one lasted 44 years!) This is very similar to Bells Palsy (but is nt) Do you know what this is or know anyone who might know? AAAAA
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013