Empty nose syndrome, breathing problems. Nose cauterization done to prevent nose bleeds. Treatment?

My nephew had 2 nose cauterizations to stop nose bleeds , now he has a dime sized hole in his nasal passage or septum that was caused from the cauterization that is causing him huge breathing and anxiety poblems, sleep problems and others stuff along with depression , he is supposed to be going for surgery but I am really worried for him as he is a really strong guy but this has really beaten him down and now I am worried that he has gotten this Empty nose syndrome .
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012