Emphysema patient, dizziness, nausea. On quinapril, htc, diltiazem. Advised to stop dilitiazem. Advise?

My 83 year old mother has just been put on a heart medication (to regulate her heart) and a blood thinner to prevent any clotting. She is an emphysema patient and is on quinipril, HTC and Diltiazem. She has been complaining of dizziness and nausa since she started. I phoned her doctor to alert him and he advised that she stop taking the Dilitiazem. My question is, why would that medication be the one to stop when she has been taking it for over a year as well as the other two mentioned. It is the heart medicine and the blook thinner that is new to her system and it has been since the start of the two new meds that she started to feel sick.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013