Emotional fluctuations, irritation, anger, depressed, self injury. Whats wrong with the mental health?

Hello I am a female 18 years of age. I m having a lot of highs and lows related to my emotions and often feel annoyed,irritated,angry and depressed and after a few days I have sudden bursts of happiness and this is very extreme as when I am feeling down I sometimes hurt myself for reasons I myself don t understand and sometimes have thoughts of dying but I know I wouldn t kill myself but the thought is still there I am normally a fun loving , adventurous person but with these ups and downs I feel like there is something wrong with my mental state I want to know if I need to see a doctor
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012