Emergency c-section. Suffered cardiac arrest, bled. Should avoid placenta while making incision?

Hello. I had an emergency c section last year as I started to bleed at 31 weeks pregnant. During the op I suffered a cardiac arrest and almost bled to death. I was given 24 units of blood and blood products but was still bleeding. I then had to have a hysterectomy . My little girl died 3 days later, whilst I was still in intensive care. I found out after that I had a low lying anterior placenta which wasn t noticed until doctors cut through it- I d had an ultrasound the day before but my placenta was noted as posterior and not low lying. Can you tell me if you should avoid the placenta when making an incision? And how important it is to know the location of the placenta before an emergency c section? I have had no answers from the hospital, they said it was probably an amniotic fluid embolism . They have failed to answer any of my questions, which leads me to think that something is being kept from me. I m finding it extremely difficult to move on without answers and am thinking of contacting a solicitor. Can you help Regards Rachel
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012