Eligibility for donating blood

Hey , i smoke almost daily , i smoked yesterday also , i am wondering if i am eligible to donate my blood today at a local blood bank.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011

Marijuana has active ingredient in form of cannabis, which remain for days in blood after one time use.

I would say no in your case because of following reasons:
1 As you are already dependent on marijuana you may not be physically fit for blood donation.
2 Person who will receive your blood may face adverse reaction or intoxication because of presence of cannabis in your blood which can deteriorate his/her health further.

Wish you good health