Elevation in sugar levels, weight post intake of lexapro and simvastatin. Alternatives?

I am taking lexapro 5mg and simvastatin 20mg per day. I have gained 15 pounds seemingly all in my stomach since taking these drugs . I am 61 years old, go to the gym everyday, have weighed 165 since I was 16 years old, this has never changed until these two drugs. Am I correct in assuming that the drugs are causing the weight gain and is there anything I can do about it? Also my sugars levels have been high since taking these medications. Thanks, JIM
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012