Elevated liver levels due to excessive alcohol. Indicative of permanant liver damage ?

Hi. I am a 29 year old female. I just got routine bloodwork back and I have elevated liver levels. My GGT is 208, AST 74 and ALT 84. The doc said this was due to my excessive alcohol use (8 drinks most nights or more for a few years) and I was told to stop drinking and to retest in 2 weeks. My question is are my elevated levels indicitive of permanant liver damage or can I expect them to drop once I quit drinking?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012