Elevated liver enzymes in reports, just social drinker. What could be the cause ?

Hello. I just went for my yearly physical and my MD told me I had elevated liver enzymes . My AST was 49 (N 10-35) and my ALT was 62 (N6-40). They have never been elevated before. I am only a social drinker, only 1-2 drinks per weekend and not every weekend and I have not been sick. The only symptom I have is a feeling of a sweaty rush a few times a day. My MD repeated my blood work and is also testing for hepatitis . Can you have elevated liver enzymes for no apparent reason or does it always mean some type of liver damage or muscle damage?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013