Elevated lipid profile. Had hip surgeries. Swelling in the legs and pain. On water pills. Second opinion?

Hi doctor, I have my husband s test results his doctor never got back to him so he went to the hospital to get the results. He is 62 and his GFR is 104, his cholesterol is 222, his triglyceride is 422, HDL 36, VLDL 84, LDL could not calculate, CHOL/HDL is 6.17. He has had 3 hip surgeries in less than a year. The first one was in Sept. last year, it got infected had to have emergency surgery that Oct. 2011, was on a PIC tube for antibiotics for 6 weeks, his past surgery was in Jan. 2012. His legs and feet are blown up like a balloon (both). He had a dopplar test 2 weeks ago on his legs and the results were no blockage. His doctor thought at the time it was just water gain. He is on water pills now also potassium pills (from DR.) He is still in a lot of pain and taking vicodine. His legs, feet, and thighs are still blown up. He had that less evasive surgery on his hips and bruised greatly. I think he is in great danger to have a heart attack and my opinion he has diabetes . I am so frustrated at his doctor and I don t see my husband wanting to change doctors or get another opinion. Please give me your advise. Thank you so very much for your time.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012