Elevated heart rate, breathlessness, pain in the chest. Is it stress related?

Hi I have had a constant fast heart beat for 3 months now and it causes me to get out of breath all the time especially when talking to someone i went to my GP 8 weeks ago she checked my BP and just said it was stress and sent me away with a booklet on stress. Nothing has changed and the symptoms persist. At the lowest my HB is 110 highest is 146. I m 32 and have had no problems previously. Sometimes I get pains in my chest and back too and I find breathing a struggle. I m not sure what to do as my GP said its just stress. Any advice would be much appreciated Kind Regards Kelly
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013