Elevated heart rate. Have neuromyelitis optica. ECG showing heart muscle not working. Dizziness, breathlessness. Any advice?

I have Neuro myelitis optica and for the past 6 months i have been experiencing very high heartrates. It is currently 139bpm. I have had an echocardiogram and was told a muscle on the left of my heart is not working as strongly as it should but this has beenput down to be gaining 28 pounds since being on steroids. I am always hot sweating dizzy and out of breath and find even having a shower impossible. I am 33 and on the waiting list to see a Cardiologist . My mother has heart failure and i am worried but no one seems concerned and tells me to wait for cardio.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013