Elevated blood pressure readings. On beta blocker. Suggested to take Norvasc. Do I have to take it?

I ve been having higher than normal blood pressure . Every day I will have normal readings of 120 s over 80 s, but I will feel tense at different times throughout the day and taking my bp around that time, I sometimes go as high as 155/110. I have a history of anxiety , but these tense feelings seem to come out of nowhere at times. I was on a beta blocker , which was keeping my bp normal 24/7 for the most part, but went off it and another Dr. thought I should take Buspar and didn t think I really needed bp meds. But the previous Dr. had giving me Norvasc , which I started taking the other day after a spike of 155/112.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012