Elevated bilirubin levels. Breast cancer survivor. What is the reason for high bilirubin levels?

Hello, I am a stage 1 breast cancer survivor. My oncologist ran blood work and my total bilirubin levels were elevated at 2.0. I understand the normal range is 1.0 I checked old blood work and for like 5 years my levels of bilirubin have been elevated. In 2009, they were 2.0 and 2008, 1.8 and 1.1. What could be the cause of this elevation? What organ should I worry about-- liver? gall bladder? colon? kidney? pancreas? Could it be cancer? I am very worried and don t know how to proceed. Should i consult a gastroenterologist . I am also having a colonoscopy next week? Can they look while i am under anesthesia? What would the procedure be called?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013