Elevated aso levels, swelling in ankles, burning pain in knees, wrists with numbness. No relief with medicines. Help?

I have high elevated aso levels of 350 plus for several months now. I am 51 years old and other tests ruled out arthritis . Have not had strep throat but hve 5 adn 7 year old sons that have had strep in last year. Symptons came on suddenly in July 2012. Swollen grapefruit size ankles, burning joint pain in ankles, knees wrists. In fingers I get burning and numbness. Also fatigue . Have been given different med: steroids and arthritis med but nothing helping consistently. Steriods have helped most. My aldolase test was 10.7. Would like to have some relief especially the strength in my hand back
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Hallo Sir,
Welcome to HCM.
As you mention you having arthitis especially involving large joint i e polyarthitis and elevated aso levels.

Firstly I wana ask do u have fever,rash,any abnormal movements??

May be possibility of rhematic heart disease.There is no history of streptococcal throat infection in majority
of patient of rheumatic heart disease.

As you mention fatigue,its very common symptom of mitral regurgitation which is most common in RHD.

So my advice is consult your cardiologist and do baseline investigation in form of chest x ray pa view,ECG,ECHO.