Electrocuted in hand when touching something or moving finger, goes numb. Is this normal?

I suspect that somwhere in my house there are live wires not grounded i definately was electrocuted in my hand now eerytime i touch something or move my index finger a certain way it is like me being electrocuted again and sometimes worst it also just goes numb with no feeling. Is this normal or can I possible have some type of damage done it has been a week now.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to worry much. You got electrocuted some days ago and you have this electrocution and numb feeling in index finger for a week or so. Electrocution sometimes damages some nerves because they suddenly are made to carry heavy electricity. It is possible that the damage is permanent. Sometimes after a week or so the feeling should die down.

anyhow do visit a physician who can give you proper advice after having you checked up.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.