Electrical shock like pain on shoulder blade. Numbness in fingers. Cause?

hello, i am a 32 year old female and i am 5 5 tall. for almost 2 years i have had an electrical shock like pain at the edge of my left shoulder blade. i believe that it is a muscle spasm but i am not sure. sometimes it feels knotted. i have started to also have a dull radiating pain from my left elbow which causes some numbness in my pinky and second to last finger . what could be causing these pains? i am worried that it may be nerve problems but i am not sure how i would go about getting it properly diagnosed.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012