Electrical pain from elbow tracking up inside of arm, up into armpit, whole body. What could be the cause of this?

electrical pain from elbow tracking up the inside of arm, up into armpit and just starting to travel down the left side of my body. The elbow seems to be the source but the pain is felt almost simultaneously throughout. There is no pain in the forearm . Not sure what could be the cause of this. No strenuous activity is being conducted when this happens. Arm is at rest. Occurs at random and feels like a switch with how quickly it starts and stops. No soreness is felt after it has passed.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013