Electric shock sensation in palm below thumb, burning pain along pinky finger. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, I have stinging, tightness, redness and electrical shock type of sensations in my left palm below my thumb as well as the palm area below my index and middle finger. The shock feeling is at the tip of my index finger and tip and down my thumb. Also, when I look at the palm area below my thumb and the area below the index & middle finger, it seems as if my veins are more pronounced. At times, there is a burning pain along the side pinky finger and this pain runs down the side of my palm. None of the pain I experienced reaches my wrist . This has been occuring off and on for at least 6-8 months.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Hi and thanks for the query,
Considering the fact that this has been going on for some time, it might require special attention. It could be of help to know under what circumstances you actually started experiencing this feeling. Generally, there should be a problem at the level of the nerves innervating the area. This could be a compression or simply an irritation. Important aspects of your past medical history and coupled with a good local examination should sufficient. I do suggest you consult your primary care physician first. he shall direct to a specialist/neurologist in case of need. kind regards