Electric shock sensation along left side of back. Drinking lots of water to avoid dehydration. Causes?

I get a sharp electric shock along the left side of my back from time to time. It usually last for about a minute and it comes in pulses. I thought it might be dehydration , but am not sure. I am pretty active and in shape. I continue to drink lots of water and it seems to stay at bay for as long as I keep hydrated. It only seems to happen on my left side. I drink plenty of water for the most part in the day
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012