Elbow swelling, painful to touch. Want it drained. Is it serious?

i have soft fluid like swelling on my elbow ,just came back from honeymoon where i got bitten alot by mosquitos,is this related??dont think so,,it hurts just a little if i touch the tip of my elbow,i did a bit of research and i found that it could be elbow bursitis .i went to the doctor 3 weeks ago,he gave me tablets and cream,but have finished both and still no change,i asked him to drain the fluid,he wouldnt,he said the tablets and cream would do the trick,i will go back to get it it serious?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012