Elbow scraped after a fall, is swollen and pains till armpit, nodule inside forearm, sore to touch. What could it be?

My son fell directly on his elbow and scraped it three days ago and now it is very swollen and he complains about pain going all the way up to his armpit. Also, on the inside of his forearm , near the elbow, there seems to be a nodule that is very sore to the touch. We are going to the drs today but I am curious as to what this may be.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
if there is swelling and pain, i would suggest you to meet you nearby orthopeadic doctor or GP ASAP... it can be hair line fracture, sprain or strain. which cannot be diagnosed without physical examination. apply ice to reduce swelling if needed