Effect of hypoglycimia and hypoxia in neonates, please suggest

My son suffered hypogycimia ,hypoxia at third day of bearth
Asked On : Thu, 22 Apr 2010
hypoxia can be due to inability to breath. It can be due to lack of surfactant to difficulty in breathing. It can also be due to ischemia at birth. Hypoglycemia can be due to various reasons like high insulin etc. Since it was on the third day it is a late reaction and hence considerably harmless. I would advise you to consult a pediatrician in this regard and get a complete work up. Continue regular immunisation as per pediatric prescription. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
  Anonymous's Response

Effects of hypoxia and hypoglycemia in neonates depends on the amount and the duration