Edema, blood clots in lower legs. On coumadin. Mesh filter in aortic artery the cause for edema?

What is the major cause of weeping edema of the legs? I thought CHF and other cardiac or pulmonary disorders. My mother-in-law,age 88, has it. She also had a mesh filter in her ABD aortic artery to prevent clots from traveling upward. Could blocking of the filter cause this? She also had bilateral blood clots in her lower legs. Presently on Coumadin after a hospitalization and rehab . Right now she s receiving conservative tx and bedrest, along with leg wrapping by a VNA service. She s was referred to a cardiologist for further w/u. TY
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012