Eczema on eyelid, safe to use topical steroid thin layer long term?

my doctor said i have eczema .It is located below my bottom eyelid .I tried many ointments and the only relief has been topical steriod a thin has given me instant relief.i first went to my eye doctor.He thought it was contact dermatitis .I discontinued the steriod ointment after the dry hard flaky skin and raised red irrated skin disappeared.when it first appeared i was under a lot of stress.i notice that a trigger is stress related.My family Doc said use topical steriod as needed for up to one month .i believe it is from nerves.I do take nerve med, for general anxiety .is using a topical steriod a thin layer once a day safe long term?the medicine is safe for use for eye area.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012