Eating problems, loss of appetite, active. How can weight gain occur, suggession?

hello Doctor, Good Afternoon I am having 13 yrs old daughter.Now she weighs only 8kg,she never drink milk and till now i m feeding her. she is full active and i m giving her raagi jaava and rice but once in a week she will eat only 2 days. i m bother abt my daughter and in this summer how she will capable to gain her weights..please suggest me liquid foods and healthy recepie foods.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
hi bharathi... you need to include energy dense foods in her diet.. try including ghee, butter in her food...make sure you give her pediasure with milk 2 times/ can add skim milk powder in her atta/ porridge etc.. give her banana milkshake/ dry fruits milk shakes...add powdered nuts in her food as well...i would suggest also take opinion from a good stomach specialist doc to find out if any other cause...dont worry.. be positive..