Eating lots of food, skin color changes to yellow

my 17 yr old daughter has changed her diet drastically the past 6 months. She s eating extremely healthy, lots of veggies, fruits and salads. She s stays very active and appears to be in great health with one exception. Her skin is turning a yellowish color. Namely her hands and feet . A doctor in Brazil told her she was eating too many carrots and papaya. Does this sound right? I m beginning to worry.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
It is true, consumption of too many carrots can lead to yellowing of skin. However, bloodwork should be done, specifically liver enzymes, just to be sure.