Ears get muffled, cannot hear for few minutes. Reason?

For about 3 months now, every time I stand up my ears get muffled to the point I can't hear nothing for about 2-3 minutes then it will open back up. Sometimes it's so bad I can feel the heart beat in my ear but my BP isn't high or low it's normal.... I do drive back & forth a couple times out of the year to California then back to Texas and I have flown twice this year too. I can say I have never had this problem before and it actual started doing this before doing all the traveling. It's just driving me crazy! YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
The symptom you describe can result from sudden blockage of eustachian tube(which connects nose to ear). It maintains the equillibrium between external pressure and ear pressure.

You try swallowing saliva 2 3 times or drinking a glass of water when you experience this next time.

If this doesn't help I'd advice you to consult an ENT specialist and get yourself examined for any growth which may be blocking the tube.

Hope I have clarified some of your concerns.

Please do get back for further queries.