Ears feeling blocked and muffled after hearing loud music. Will it cause premanent damage?

I was listening to music rather loud with earbuds two weeks ago. The next day, I experienced a blocked, muffled feeling in my right ear. When I press on it, I can hear a slight ringing. I feel no pain, and there is no discharge . I can hear ok, unless I m in a crowded environment... then I notice it more. It seems to be better at times, but I m worried because it has not gone away yet. Do you think I have caused permanent damage?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Tinnitus is the perception of some sound in the ear when none is present. One of the common noises heard in tinnitus is ringing like you are experiencing.

Tinnitus can be due to different causes including exposure to loud noises.

It can be permanent or temporary. In some cases, it can lasts a few weeks.

Since it has been ongoing for 2 weeks, you may want to consider visiting an ENT specialist for an evaluation.

I hope this helps