Ears and nose inflamed, left ear hurts, unequal pressure. Sudafed helped. Is it an infection ?

I have chronic allergies. My ears and nose became inflamed and swollen yesterday. I used the nettie pot and Im afraid some water got in my ear but not sure. I was inflammed at the time and probably should not have used it . I am not congested in the nose or hear but my left ear hurts and the pressure is unequal. We had a sudden weather change yesterday as well. It felt better this afternoon when the sudafed kicked in but I stopped taking it early because it might keep me awake. The ear pain is ocassional but sharp. I can feel the pressure, I can pop my ears but it dosen t do anything. Going to start on sudafed again in the morning but I am concerned about infection. ? I don t have a fever but the pain is also occuring when i drink really cold water. Please advise
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012