Early pregnancy, pressure in rectum, not constipated, have strings in stool, had asparagus in meal. What could be the cause?

I am very early in pregnancy (about 5 weeks) and have been experiencing a pressure on my rectum even though I don t think I m constipated (sometimes two bowel movements a day, plus my vitamin has a little stool softener in it). When I just went to the bathroom, it looked like there were strings in my stool. I did eat asparagus last night and it resembled the tough, stringy part of it!
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012