Early pregnancy, on weekly injection. What could it be?

Hi, i am 29 yrs old and married since last one year. i am 5 weeks pregnant and my doctor has started giving me a weekly injection . what is this injection for and for how long i will be given this injection. i forgot to ask my doctor the name of injection, i have to visit the doctor next on 10th of this month, i shall ask the name of injection then.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It would be difficult to say what the medication is and its uses without at least a partial name. You would need to speak to your doctor to find out what it is that you are receiving and the indication for its use.
Though it may sometimes be difficult or some may feel intimidated by their physician, it is best to never take a medication unless you are aware of its the name or indication.
If , when you find the name, you are still unsure of the reason for it, feel free to ask

hope this helps