Early pregnancy, have light spotting. Chances of spotting hampering pregnancy chances?

hi there, I was just hoping you could help me, I am about 5 weeks pregnant. last week i had a bit of spotting-very light, pantyliner was fine, but also had one episode of a gush , the gush was quite small but bright red. Anyway, i had taken a test few days before the spotting and gush and it was 1-2 weeks, a few days after it was 2-3 weeks and yesterday it had gone up to 3+ weeks (i m a great fan of the digital tests! :) ) sooooo. . . . .basically are the chances of that gush being anything sinister fairly low because the tests are going as they should be according to my dates? i know the only way of knowing for sure is to go to docs but at the moment i can t. i will go to the early preg. assess. unit next week when there s a chance of seeing the heartbeat . . . . thanks! :)
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012