Early pregnancy, had sharp pain surging through stomach and back after a fall on buttocks. Is my baby safe?

I am in early stage ofmy pregnancy and today I fell down the stairs on my buttocks I felt a sharp pain in my back. I didn t think much of it I got up and went on my way. Later tonight I felt a sharp pain surging through my stomach and back. My sister said that it could lose the baby due to this fall. I don t think she is correct at all. Need yr advise
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Thanks for your query,
As you have fall on your buttocks there were least chances to get your pregnancy disturbed.
The Sharp shooting pain may be due to your injury due to fall.
For a safety measure you should undergo Sonographic examination.Thanks